Salford is one of five villages in the Benefice of Chipping Norton. The other villages in the Parish are Chastleton, Cornwell, Little Compton and Little Rollright.
The small Norman Church of St. Mary is situated on a slope to the west of the village. It was almost completely rebuilt by G. E. Street in 1854-5 although the original Romanesque north and south nave doorways survive. The bell tower was probably rebuilt at the same time, and has a ring of five bells, all of which were cast in 1687 by Matthew and Henry Bagley of Chacombe, Northamptonshire. The north doorway has a sculptured tympanum and there is a spectacular arcaded Romanesque font. More details on its history and architecture may be found on this link.
The Team Rector is The Rev. James Kennedy and contact details for him and his team are on the St. Mary the Virgin Church, Chipping Norton website.
All services in St Mary's Church are currently suspended during the COVID-19 pandemic, and sadly the Church is closed until further notice.